Hello and welcome to the latest newsletter from German Shepherd Records
7th June sees the return of Space Museum with a mini-album called “Nightmare on Glitch Street”. After a couple of years off concentrating on other projects label co-owner Bob Osborne returns in his Space Museum guise with a predominantly instrumental album. Exploring Asian beats and adopting Stockhausen influenced sound design this latest collection stretches the edges of modern electronic music. The sole vocal track features the other label co-owner Ian Moss with a tongue in cheek homage to Jim Morrison.
This is a digital only release
Find more about Space Museum with details of the back catalogue at this page
June is going to be a busy month for German Shepherd artists with a range of great gigs in the calendar
- The month kicks off with our Cambridge contingent in the shape of Umbrella Assassins (Rebel Arts Stage) Bouquet of Dead Crows (Portland Ballroom Stage) and Keltrix playing Strawberry Fair, Midsummer Common, Cambridge on 1st
- Inferior Complex have a busy month playing Bandstand, Eastleigh (2nd) The Alexandra, Southampton (7th), The Red House, Yeovil (8th), Angola ’76, Shaftsbury (15th), The King Charles, Poole (22nd) and are back at The Alexandra again on the 28th.
- The Junta makes his first visit to Sheffield on the 5th at West Street Live and supports the visiting Lucky + Love at The Peer Hat on 24th.
- Adventures of Salvador kick off a milestone month with a gig at the Liverpool Fringe Festival with Matthew Hopkins on the 13th, launching their new album “Welcome To Our Village” on 21st June with a celebratory gig at the Castle Hotel, Manchester on 28th with Electric Cheese and Umbrella Assassins.
- The Parish Church Fire will be appearing at The Eagle, Salford on 7th with Four Candles, Emily Oldfield and a DJ set from Stephen Doyle
- Keltrix play Cambridge Pride” at Jesus Green on the 8th
- The Mind Sweepers will be supporting JD Meatyard at Leith Depot Edinburgh on the 15th ….tickets are £5 with £1 going to local homeless charity.
- The summer solstice will see Weimar play The Eagle, Salford with up and coming band The Ombudsmen
- Dominic Carlton Jones is the featured artist at Cuckoo Calling, Bury New Road, Prestwich on 26th
- Mark Corrin’s new project Elastikbande play The Old Abbey Taphouse, Manchester on 28th
The German Shepherd Records subscription service is gathering pace with new members joining regularly. This unique offer allows fans to enjoy everything the label releases over a 12 month period for only £40 with a release every week this is a huge bargain. As well as regular releases subscribers will get over 120 back catalogue releases, 10% of all merchandise and exclusive content. Exclusive content released to date includes….
- An album of Spoken Word performances by Ian Moss
- An expanded version of Matthew Hopkins “Something” Single
- A collection of radio sessions from Bouquet of Dead Crows
- An expanded version of Sam Smith’s “Live in Manchester” album.
- An expanded version of Auster Boys/Moff Skellington releases “Greetings from Abstercot UK”
- An audio documentary on the making of Dominic Carlton Jones award winning debut album
- and more
To subscribe all fans need to do is sign up at this LINK
We have the following new releases in the pipeline…..
- 14/6/19 – Umbrella Assassins return with a new single “Sweat it Out”
- 21/6/19 – Adventures of Salvador release their new album “Welcome To Our Village”
- 28/6/19 – Ian and Neil Moss release a follow up single “A Story”
- 28/6/19 – Lizard Brain release a fantastic remix of “Don’t Even Blink” – a track from their debut album
- 5/7/19 – The exciting new project from Ding and Moet Unseasonal Beasts will be unleashed with the release the first of three EP’s
- 12/7/19 – Four Candles release their third album “Nettle Rash”
- 19/7/19 – We re-release Moff Skellington’s “Gliding Through Stone” album