Welcome to our weekly news which this time lets you know about our three August 2nd releases.
Auster Boys – Reversing Into The Holoscene
The masters of psychogeography and the art of the flâneur are back with a three track EP “”Reversing Into the Holocene”. The title track is a stinging attack on the regressive policies of the Tory government and the other main track “Autopsychogeography” applies metafictional processes to journeys across Greater Manchester and the villages of West Northamptonshire blurring locations and times. The set is completed by a dub version of the title track. In a unique approach to the melding of spoken word and electronica the Austers celebrate their sporting, literary and musical heroes.
Austers on Facebook – @austerboys
Inferior Complex I Dream (Remix)
Southampton trio Inferior Complex return with a stunning remix of the track “I Dream” from their debut album.
Inferior Complex are
Raymond Missons – bass guitar and vocals
Raymond Missons – bass guitar and vocals
Andrew Missons – Arp omni 2 and guitar
Paul Jenman – drums
Additional production and arrangement in this instance was by Alex Bradley.
I Dream was originally recorded at Sound on Sound Southampton March 2017 an included in the “In My Life” album
The band have series of gigs coming up – see our gig list below
You can find them on Facebook at @arp2011
Kit B Singles and Obscure B-Sides
With a new line-up in rehearsal we thought it would be a good idea to collect everything that we had released by KIT B to date in a tidy little package. Exclusively available on digital sites only this twelve track collection includes singles, ep tracks and compilation tracks showcasing some of the finest alternative popular music in Manchester. Core members Danny Cusick (The Hidden Gem, Crab Dance GIs) and John Montague (The Junta, Positronik) are joined by a wide variety of excellent musicians including Night Operations Mike Powell to create stunning tunes with memorable hooks and melodies.
You can find them on Facebook – @kitbband
AOS HIT HMV
The Bury branch of HMV is now stocking Vinyl and CD versions of Adventures of Salvador’s “Welcome To Our Village” under their “Local Artist” promotion.
Why not catch one of our bands live……details below
- 27th – Umbrella Assassins and Bouquet of Dead Crows play Pimjam festival at the Rose and Crown, Haverhill
- 28th – Monkeys In Love celebrate the 50th anniversary of the moon landing at The Klondyke Club, Levenshulme, Mark Corrin’s Elastikbande also play – afternoon show between 1pm and 5pm
- 28th – Angry! play Friend Festival, Tonbridge, Kent, TN12 5LI
- 31st – The Junta, and Jed play The Peer Hat
- 3rd – Adventures of Salvador play Movers & SHAKERS Festival at The Longfield Suite Prestwich to support Forever Bury and Help Save Bury Football Club.
- 9th – Mark Corrin’s Elastikbande play The Railway, Didsbury
- 9th – Toska Wilde plays Margate Pride Rock at Elsewhere, 21-22 The Centre, Margate
- 10th – The Ombudsmen, Four Candles, Adventures of Salvador and Mark Corrin play Yerrr Bar, Manchester
- 16th – Keltrix play The Green Man, Granchester
- 24th – Umbrella Assassins play Rugfest, Haverhill
- 25th – Toska Wilde and Brucie feature on the End of the Week Show in Sheppey FM before nipping around the coast to play at It Came From The Sea II at The Centre, Margate
- 26th – Adventures of Salvador, Weimar and Pearl Divers play Glaston-Bury, Bury – venues and times to follow
- 29th – Dominic Carlton Jones plays The Peer Hat, Manchester
- 31st – The Mind Sweepers play Queen of the South Bar, Dumfries
- 31st – Mark Corrin plays Alt Night at The Whip and Kitten, Rawtenstall
- 7th – Inferior Complex play Railway Hotel, Yeovil
- 13th – Inferior Complex play The White Swan, Aylesbury
- 20th – The Harveys and Matthew Hopkins play The Peer Hat, Manchester
- 20th – Weimar play The Boulevard, Wigan
- 28th – Inferior Complex play The Victoria Gate, Taunton
- 12th – Scissors play The Six Bells, Cambridge
- 19th – The Junta plays at Hymns for Robots at the Golden Lion, Lancaster
- 19th – Bouquet of Dead Crows play The Smokehouse, Ipswich. FREE ENTRY
- 25th – The Parish Church Fire, Bouquet of Dead Crows, and Mark Corrin at Gullivers, Oldham Street, Manchester
- 26th – Toska Wilde plays CULT 13 – Underground Alternative Night at The Venue Southend.
- 26th – Poppycock play the Castle Hotel, Manchester
- 1st – Dominic Carlton-Jones plays Foundations Festival at Peer Hat/AATMA, Manchester
- 1st – Bouquet of Dead Crows and The Parish Church Fire play The Blue Moon, Cambridge
- 2nd – Weimar play Foundations Festival at Peer Hat/AATMA, Manchester
- 14th – The Harveys and Four Candles play The Castle, Manchester
- 30th – Adventures of Salvador and Weimar play The Globe, Glossop
- 14th – The Harveys play The Peer Hat, Manchester with the legendary TV Smith
- 1st – The Junta will be supporting TRUE ORDER at Sunbird Records, Darwin
- 1st – The Harveys support The Monochrome Set at Jimmy’s Liverpool