Longsight are a new indie guitar band from Stockport, Greater Manchester in the North West of England.
The band started started in August 2019 and their first few gigs caught the imagination of their peers and music journalists alike.:
- Si Wolstencroft (The Fall/ Ian Brown’s band) “Absolutely love Longsight. They sound like a cross between The Buzzcocks and New Order”.
- The Big issue: “Beg, borrow or steal the entrance fee. Longsight are about to go stellar”.
- Cassie Delta KBYD radio California: “The songs have a hurting, haunting, heart-breaking echo to them.”
- Manchester Evening News, “No wonder current music sounds banal, Longsight have taken all the best songs”.
- Chester Chronicle: “Top new band. Every track sounds like a hit single.”
- Glasgow Herald. “Beautifully crafted songs delivered in an unnerving style”.
The band comprises:
- Keo (Guitar/vox) formerly in Jez Kerr from A Certain Ratio’s solo band, The Family Bizarre and The Treatment Organisation.
- Adam Halford (Drums/vox) formerly in The Trainset.
- Johnny Stringer (Bass/vox) Formerly in The Stipe band.
Longsight’s first single ‘These Chains’ is out now on limited edition 7″ vinyl through Discogs. Produced by Jez Kerr from A Certain Ratio. A new single comes in Summer 2020 and their first album is due out early next year through German Shepherd Records.