As we near the end of a very busy 2019 we up the stakes with three great releases for November 22nd
WEIMAR – MARVEL TO THE STATE/ UNDESIRABLE MASTER
Manchester band Weimar,
a four-piece Art Rock outfit, follow up their critically acclaimed debut single “John Doe/Curse the Songs” (released back in February 2019) with a new double A-side single, “Marvel to the State/Undesirable Master”. Both the new songs feature the guest vocals of Rose Niland
, singer with Rose & the Diamond Hand as well as Poppycock. The single will be released digitally on German Shepherd Records, and on CD via Weimar’s own label Marlene’s Hat. MORE DETAILS NEXT WEEK.
Adventures of Salvador and Weimar
30 November 2019
The Globe, 144 High St W,
LINKS AND CONTACT
ELECTRIC CHEESE – ELECTRIC CHEESE
After a long break and several line-up changes Chorley’s finest purveyors of cheesy comestible rock return with a four track self-titled EP.
The trio deliver sleazy rock n roll from the southern swamps of central Lancashire.
Formed in March 2014 originally with bassist Tom and drummer Matt. Since their departure in 2016 new members Al Superstar Green and Allan ‘Cheddar’ Tanner joined Jason Gorgonzola Hurley to form the new Electric Cheese. Since Al Green’s departure his spot has been filled by Mike ‘Mozarella’ Carling.
A tight power trio with killer riffs banging out some swampy rock n roll tunes with a wry sense of humour this release is a remarkabke follow up their excellent debut Lactose Intolerant
Here’s a recent set from the band including tracks from the new EP
TWO LOST SOULS – CORDS AND DIGITS
Two Lost Souls and Ian Moss and Paul Rosenfeld. Originally working together as part of Moss’s Music and Words Project
, with Rosenfeld under his Foghorn Leghorn pseudonym, the pair have more recently appeared as Mistletoe with the single “Borderline Racist”
. This newly christened project combines Rosenfeld’s memorable guitar playing with Moss’s bitter sweet observations. A real departure from Moss’s more punk orientated style this set of songs sets a whole new musical canvass. With some of Moss’s more memorable lyrics captured in a different context we have a refreshing and thought provoking new listening experience. Rosenfeld is a consummate writer deriving tones and structures from the rich history of guitar music. Support on bass is provided by Andy Drysdale, Renato Larossi, and Paul O’Sullivan. Long time Moss fans will be intrigued by this new direction.
- Ian Moss’s book “100 Unhip Albums” can be ordered now from Empire Publications
- Last week we released a one off Bandcamp only release from Staggs called “The Eton Mess”
- FORTHCOMING GIGS IN NOVEMBER
- The Harveys and Four Candles 14 Nov 2019 Castle Hotel, 66 Oldham St, Manchester M4 1LE, UK
- Inferior Complex 14 Nov 2019 The Joiners, 141 St Mary St, Southampton SO14 1NS, UK
- Ian Moss Book Launch 14 Nov 2019 The Peer Hat, 14-16 Faraday St, Manchester M1 1BE, UK
- Ember Rev 15 Nov 2019 The Fiddler’s Elbow – Music Venue, 1 Malden Rd, Belsize Park, London NW5 3HS, UK
- Inferior Complex 16 Nov 2019 The Railway Inn, 3 St Paul’s Hill, Winchester SO22 5AE, UK
- The Get and Toska Wilde 16 Nov 2019 The Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments, 14-16 Burnaby Rd, Bournemouth BH4 8JF, UK
- La Capsula (Mark and Luisa from Elastikbande) 21 Nov 2019 The Peer Hat, 14-16 Faraday St, Manchester M1 1BE, UK
- Angry 21 Nov 2019 The Edge Bar & Kitchen, 6-8 High Pavement, 1EA, Town Square, Basildon SS14 1EA, UK
- The Junta 22 Nov 2019 Barrow Underground Music Society
- The Junta 23 Nov 2019 Lions Den Manchester, 253 Deansgate, Mews, Manchester M3 4EN, UK
- Inferior Complex 24 Nov 2019 Lord Nelson Poole, Poole BH15 1BQ, UK
- Manchester Meltdown 2019 – Four Candles, The E-Fits and Matthew Hopkins 30 Nov 2019 The Peer Hat, 14-16 Faraday St, Manchester M1 1BE, UK